Monday, July 29, 2013

Under His Own Tree

Postings here at the vertiCALL have been few and far between lately, as I've been spending my small spurts of spare time editing a short story for Kindle. I wrote the story years ago, but recently blew the dust off of it and decided that it would be my first foray into the Kindle market even though I had already started compiling material for another project.  Under His Own Tree only required direct transcribing into the proper format and some editing, so it was almost a turnkey project and helped familiarize me with the world of electronic self-publishing.

Under His Own Tree is about two men, one young, one old, who meet in a cemetery and form a quick and deep bond over the course of only a few months.  The story is rich in imagery and, hopefully, delivers a handful of deep truths about life and death, time and relationships, in its 4000 or so words.

The book is available here, and if you decide to make the purchase, I'd so much appreciate a review from you on Amazon.  Also, if you don't know already, you needn't own a Kindle to buy and read Kindle books.  The Kindle App is available for free on nearly all smart phones and tablets, including Apple products.



No comments: